This month, we've been stressing the importance of customer service - why it matters, ways to do it well, etc. We're devoting a whole month to this because customers are what keep you in business and what's needed to keep them happy are changing.
Before social media, less was required for customer service. You needed an outlet for customer complaints, but it was usually a support line where they were left on hold for awhile before speaking to someone. Today, having that as your only option is no longer acceptable.
There was also less at stake when one single customer was unhappy. If they had a bad experience, they would tell a few friends about it. But today, they can tell millions of people with the single click of the 'Tweet' button. Individual customers matter more than ever in the age of social media.
So today's edition of our customer service series is devoted to why social customer service matters. This greatinfographic from referral marketing software Ambassador has 14 great reasons, plus tips for doing it right.
- 71% of customers expect to receive assistance within five minutes of reaching out to a company. (Tweet this stat)
- If they don't receive assistance in the time expected, 48% will leave the site. (Tweet this stat)
- Customers are likely to spend 21% more if they receive good customer service via social media. (Tweet this stat)
- 19% of customers who don't receive a response will still recommend the company. (Tweet this stat)
- 71% of customers who have a positive customer service experience via social media are likely to recommend the company. (Tweet this stat)
- 33% of customers would rather contact a company through social media than by telephone. (Tweet this stat)
- 92% of consumers in the UK left one business for another in the past year due to poor customer service.(Tweet this stat)
- 36% of customers who ask for assistance via social media have reported receiving effective service.(Tweet this stat)
- 73% of top-performing companies said customer service was one of the main reasons to engage on social media. (Tweet this stat)
- Over half of all social media users will engage with brands several times a month. (Tweet this stat)
- 9% of social media users engage with brands daily. (Tweet this stat)
- 42% of Twitter users expect a company to respond to their inquiry within one hour. (Tweet this stat)
- 71% of 16- to 64-year-olds use the internet to find solutions when they experience difficulty with a product.(Tweet this stat)
- 70% of those helped via social customer service return as a customer in the future. (Tweet this stat)